A few words about us
Let us introduce ourselves
Marrickville Post Office was constructed by Messrs Graham and Mercer for £2,197 and opened in April 1891. It was added to the Australian Commonwealth Heritage List on 22 August 2012.
The original building included a post office, residence and telegraph office. Extensive alterations were made to the rear single-storey portion in c.1960, and an addition was also built to the rear of this wing. The post office is now located towards the rear of the building and a café occupies the original postal hall.
The current Post Cafe wants to preserve and celebrate the heritage of this building and keep it a bustling space, serving up great food, coffee and lots of smiles!